San Marcos Transmission Services
Why trust your vehicle to just anyone? Metro Transmission Inc. is North San Diego County’s transmission specialists. Since 1983, we have been providing transmission repair and services for all of your driveline needs. You can rest assured knowing that with every repair, we will stand behind our work. All transmission overhauls, rebuilds, and re-manufactured installs include a nationwide warranty that’s honored at over 3,500 shops around the USA through ATRA.
When it comes to drive train service, look no further. Bring your vehicle to Metro Transmission, where our ASE certified technicians can accurately identify, diagnose and repair your vehicle right the first time. We provide transmission services and repair for San Marcos, Escondido, Vista, Carlsbad, Oceanside, Valley Center and the surrounding communities.
Services Available For Your Transmission and Driveline!
- Automatic Transmission Service & Repair
- Manual Transmission Service & Repair
- Differential Service & Repair
- High Performance & Heavy Duty Transmissions
- Clutch Adjustments & Replacement
- Transfer Case Service & Repair
- External Transmission Coolers
- Axles / Constant Velocity & Universal Joints Repair & Replacement
- Electrical Diagnosis
- Flywheel Replacement
How We Take Care Of Your Transmission
One of the most important aspects of Transmission Repair services is correctly diagnosing the problem. With today’s complex vehicles, the operation of a transmission is controlled and affected by many outside systems. With over 100 years of combined experience, our certified technicians at Metro Transmission Inc. in San Marcos, CA can accurately diagnose your transmission problems correctly the first time! We have extensive transmission diagnostic tests that we can perform to determine the cause for your transmission issue. Before we recommend any repairs, we do an initial inspection which includes the following.
- Transmission fluid condition and level check
- Check for damaged engine and transmission mounts
- Upshift and downshift quality
- Upshift and downshift timing
- Neutral test
- Reverse gear test
- Check for irregular noises and vibrations
- Park hold
- 4×4 gear test (if applicable)
After we complete our initial inspection, a more extensive inspection will be performed on your vehicle in order to determine if the cause of your transmission issue is due to an external component. We will inspect the following components to determine the source.
- Transfer case and differential fluid check
- Check all fluids
- Shift linkage
- CV Joints or UJoints
- Final drive
- Axles and shafts
- Any possible cable adjustments
- Vacuum Connections
- Line pressure tests
Following the first two stages of diagnosis and it is determined that the issue with your transmission is electrical, we will need to do a diagnosis of the vehicles computer system. We believe it is necessary to rely on our skills as professionals, as well as our state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to accurately diagnose the issue. In order to fully understand the scope of the potential issue, we will perform the following computer and electrical diagnostic tests.
- Scanning the various computers on board the vehicle for diagnostic codes
- Checking for manufactures technical service bulletins relating to codes
- Pinpoint tests
- Voltage drops
- Wire and harness connections
- Ground connections
- Damaged wires